Child Care and Social Services

Child Care and Social Services

Our experienced team of solicitors advise and represent parents when Social Services become involved, and ask you to attend a PLO meeting (a pre-proceedings meeting) or tell you that they intend to start Court proceedings. If this happens, it is important that you seek legal advice as soon as possible.

A PLO meeting is where Social Services ask you to attend a meeting with a solicitor to discuss the concerns they have in relation to your children.

Care proceedings take place when Social Services apply to the Court in relation to your children.

Legal Aid is available to parents who have been asked to attend a PLO meeting or have been told there will be Court proceedings in relation to their children. This means that you will not have to pay any legal fees.

For further information, please contact a member of our team who will be happy to assist you.


Child Care Contact

Q. If I separate from my partner, will I be able to see my children?
A. Yes, unless there are valid concerns about their safety.

Q. We can’t talk to each other, how can I arrange contact?
A. Try enlisting the help of a trusted friend or family member, a Mediator or a Solicitor.

Q. We cannot agree – what next?
A. It may be necessary to apply to the Family Court for a Child Arrangements Order.

Q. Can I do that myself or do I need a lawyer?
A. You can do it yourself but an experienced Solicitor can provide valuable advice and representation.

Family Team

Need help with another legal matter?

Call Me Back
close slider