Firm: A friendly, respected supportive law firm
Role: Trainee Solicitor
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are looking for an enthusiastic aspiring solicitor to join our team as a Trainee Solicitor, primarily working in our Private Client Department.
The person appointed will:
- Have completed a Qualifying Law Degree or alternative qualifying qualification (GDL or similar) and have completed (or about to) their LPC.
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in Wills, Trust, & Probate, whilst gaining experience in Residential Conveyancing, Family and Commercial.
- Be expected to provide professional, efficient and friendly service to clients.
- Be able to communicate clearly and appropriately, both orally and verbally with other parties whilst maintaining excellent working relationships.
- Be expected to assist in the preparation of cases, usually under pressure and to tight deadlines. You must, therefore, be able to prioritise workloads at any given time.
- Be capable of working on your own initiative.
- Case Management
These duties will initially be conducted under the supervision of a Solicitor:
- Conduct interviews with clients
- Gain understanding client expectations and requirements
- Assess legal problems
- Advise clients on costs
- Conduct legal research
- Successfully deliver transactional goals
- Devise outline strategy for case
- Draft documents
- Maintain confidentiality
- Comply with all office procedure requirements
- Complete time recording
- Maintain files (usually electronically but also in paper)
- Deal with billing, paying costs and closing files
- Follow administrative systems and procedures
- Gain competency in the skill standards
- Pass the Professional Skills Course
- Keep up to date with law and practice
- Assist business development
- Achieve admission to the roll
How to apply
Contact Clare Thomas with your CV at [email protected] or simply call on 01473 407149 for a confidential discussion.
No AgenciesClare Thomas